Posted by: Darcel | May 20, 2008

Aaaaaaand we’re off!

Ava started walking a couple of days ago! She’s so proud of herself. She always holds one hand out with her fist balled up to steady herself. It’s SO CUTE!  Today was a very good day. It was busy. We were up early. Charles started his 2nd job today. He loves it. It’s not far from the house, so that’s great. After I dropped him off, I headed over to Super Target. Now If you want to meet new moms and make friends… Super Target at 10am! Maybe I’m  the one late catching on to this.  I got several compliments on how cute the girls were. That always feels good. You know parents love to hear how cute their kids are. At the checkout a cashier came over and said “excuse me ma’am, if your kids get any cuter it’s going to ooze out of their ears” I laughed and said thank you. For a second I thought he was going to tell me Ava was falling out of the wrap. I had her on my back. I saw another mama in the checkout next to me wearing her baby in a Maya ring sling. Very cool.  Then it was back to the house to get Nakiah ready for school. She had been asking the entire time we were in the store “bus mommy” “mommy ride bus” I’m so glad she enjoys it. I was worried she would cry, but she loves it. She looks so cute with her back pack. I’ll have to post pics.  We ate cheerios and fruit for breakfast. Nakiah got dressed, I did her hair(while she watched Barney), dressed Ava, popped her back in the wrap, and we were out the door to wait on the bus.  It was cute, Nakiah kept walking down the hill looking for the bus. The bus was running a bit late this morning.  She squeals every time we see and hear the bus pull up. She climbs up there, gets strapped in, gives me kisses and has a great day at school. It was just me and Ava for 3 hours. What did we do? I was hungry again, so I fixed myself a grilled cheese w/Doritos….mmmmmmmm.  I did a 2 loads of laundry, one load is still in the dryer as I type this. Once she  went down for her nap, I checked my email, caught up on Desperate Housewives. Ava was quite fussy today. She has a tooth coming in, but hopefully her ear infection is clearing up. 5 more days on the meds. The thrush hasn’t gotten worse(Thank God) Nakiah got off the bus at 3, she had lunch, sang the songs she learned at school, then asked to watch Aladdin. Charles called around 5 to get picked up, so we went to get him from work. He came home, I made dinner, he was off to his second job. Just me and the girls. We played in the basement, I checked email again, talked with my dad on the phone for a bit. Went back upstairs, got them ready for bed, and Charles came home around 9ish. It’s been a busy day. I can’t wait to do it again tomorrow!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: